Go to Odysseus Website to the Download section. You can choose between a stable version, which is stable but may not be the latest version, or you choose a nightly build which consits the latest fixes and is built each day at midnight. Choose the Version for your operating system in a 64 or 32 bit version. In our case, we have a 64 bit Windows 7 10 so that we choose Windowx x86 64 bit. Download the archive.
B. Mac OS
Warning: Odysseus Studio currently does not run properly (or at all) on MacOS. Nevertheless, you can run the pure server product on MacOS.
To run Odysseus from the pre-compiled packages available to download you have to do the following steps.
- Download and install Java 8 from Oracle (/usr/libexec/java_home -t BundledApp shut output a Java 8 version). You could, for example, use homebrew: https://www.lonecpluspluscoder.com/2017/10/08/installing-other-versions-of-the-java-jdk-via-homebrew/
- Download Odysseus from our homepage
- Open the terminal (e.g. with spotlight)
- Direct to the odysseus-folder, navigate to ../Contents/Eclipse/
- Run the following command: